Saturday, September 22, 2007
Hello Everyone! The first bit of ministry that I got to do here was working in the kitchen! Camp Qwanoes hosts guest groups a lot and this weekend Trinity Western University was here. I was in the kitchen around 3 in the afternoon to help prepare the meal and I didn't leave the kitchen until around 8:30 to help with serving and clean up. I don't think that I was really prepared for my ministry this weekend because I honestly didn't know what to expect. I was just going with it! Now that I have experienced kitchen life, I think next time I will get more sleep before going in because it is a busy place to be! I really enjoyed being in the kitchen and working with the people that serve my meals to me everyday. It was kind of strange being on the other side. Now I know what kind of prep it takes to feed so many people and I have a great deal of respect for the kitchen staff now that I know what takes place. I think the best part about serving in the kitchen was working with people that I haven't had a chance to connect with yet. I enjoyed talking to the different people about where they are from and how they ended up in B.C. I also learned how to make these sweet little pastries with cherry filling and some had lemon filling! They looked so good, but they are for breakfast on Sunday, so I have to wait to eat my creation! There was one lady in the kitchen who took me under her wing because she could clearly see that I was lost and had no idea what to do. She was a huge support for me because I literally did not have a clue about where to start. I really enjoyed my time in the kitchen helping prepare dinner. It was definitely worth all the effort to hear the Trinity students say that they really enjoyed the meal! I was happy to be able to make them happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment