Sunday, September 30, 2007
I am so excited to tell you about youth group! I had so much fun on Friday night! It was the first senior high youth group for the year and we played Banana O Rama. And each team gets two bananas and we all have a list of things in Crofton that we have to measure in banana lengths! It was very interesting because I was a leader for one of the groups with 2 others from Kaleo. So we were relying on the kids not to lead us astray in a strange town at night! We had a lot of fun and I really connected with one of the girls, Christina. The game was really good for our first night because it allowed us to get to know the kids in a fun and exciting way! I was really nervous about the night because we had just come home from a four day sailing trip. I was so tired and I was trying to get used to being back on land, which still hasn't happened yet! Because I was so tired, I really wasn't prepared to go to youth, but once I was there and connecting with the kids, I woke up and had a blast! Today at church, Christina was there! And that was super exciting because I really enjoyed talking with her. We were talking about school and how she was reading this book for class that she doesn't understand and it turns out that I had to read the book for school a few years ago. I told her that I would be more then willing to help her work through this book and so I gave her my number for her to call me anytime! There are still more girls in this youth group that I would love to connect with and there is still the junior youth that I will be helping with on Wednesdays. And something else that I have been thinking about lately is my involvement with children's ministry. This may come as a shock to those at home, but I don't think that I am going to get involved with the children's ministry this year. I really like the idea of focusing in on the youth ministry. I want to see those kids coming to church on Sunday mornings and I feel that if I invite them I can't be downstairs with the kids, I need to be with the youth. It's all been kind of strange how it's worked out, but I think for now, I need to be with the youth ministries. That's all for now and I will post again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment