So, girls night was incredible!! We had so much fun shopping and blessing each other! We also had a blast ambushing the boys in paintball! It was a very relaxing two days and it was really good to connect with just the girls...although we did talk about the boys quite a bit! haha!!
Anyways, on Wednesday night I went to junior youth and had a blast as usual!! We played games and lately we have been going through the basics of who God is and last week we talked about forgiveness. One of the girls totally poured out her heart and shared with Ellie and I everything that has been happening at home, and it was kind of scary to know what she lives with everyday. It was eye opening for me, because I now realize that many of these kids come from very broken homes and youth group is a safe place for them to just be who they are. It put a whole new perspective on why I am there and who I need to be to these kids. I need to be a model of what a Christian is to these kids. Now that I understand that, it changes the attitude that I will have when I go to youth every week. These kids need me to be there more so then my homework needs me to look at it. And lately I have also come to the conclusion that God placed me in Warmland for a reason. I'm not gonna lie, I haven't exactly been excited or happy about going to church. I know that I need to change my attitude though. If I am going to make the most of my time here and be a blessing to my church, then I need to change my attitude! Pray for me!! Anyways, I will definitely keep you updated about my attitude and youth group!! Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment