Monday, November 5, 2007

hello everyone! so, I missed writing last week! stink!! I was definitely swamped with school work and it completely slipped my mind! Anyways, I am writing this week! Yeah!!! So, this weekend was th junior high retreat! Sooo much fun! I was an all-star again and I loved it again! I like being an all-star because I can connect with all the kids! We played the same games that we did with the juniors, but it was more interesting with the junior high kids. They are so much more intense and they try to cheat, so you really have to watch them! haha....Andrew and I were all-stars together all weekend and that was so much fun because Andrew is such a good guy. I find the weekends that I have to serve I connect so much more with the staff and other Kaleo students that I am working with. I like it so much! I was a belayer in the challenge course too and that gets really intense because the kids get so scared and you really have to work hard to convince some of them that they will be safe. It took a lot for me to believe that I would be safe when I did it, so it was really hard to help the campers through something that I was terrified to do! It was a really good experience though because after they had done it they were so glad that they did and I felt the same way after I had done it as well! It is so good to conquer a fear and then the feeling of accomplishment afterwards is so rewarding. Just seeing the campers so scared going up and then coming back down laughing and saying that they want to go again, is so rewarding. It just reminds me that the Lord is my strength and that I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Retreats are always a good time to step back and do a reality check! I love it! Anyways, I better get going....all the girls are going away tomorrow night! so excited! Later!

No comments: