Monday, February 4, 2008

A Week of Study and Fun!

As I sit here, I struggle with what I want to write about. This past week was a pretty straight forward week. The majority of my time was spent reading a rather large text book about the Gospels while reading the Gospels alongside it. When I wasn't reading, I was either at youth group or thinking about how I should be reading the textbook.
Youth group on Wednesday night was soooo sweet! We did a scavenger hunt around Crofton for things that were red. There were like 50 things on the list that we had to find. My group was made up of the 8 of the most rowdy boys at youth. So, we were running through town and raiding people's houses for red things. It was a lot of fun and I had some sweet conversations and I got to know the kids better too! I have had a strong desire to be more involved with my church lately as well. Last night, I helped out at their deeper service by watching the kids. I just played games with them for an hour and a half. I loved it!

On Saturday, Team Vancouver did a bottle drive to raise money for our missions trip. It was so much fun and we doubled the money that we already had. I really love our team because we have so much fun fundraising and having meetings! I have to admit that when I was first put on the Vancouver team I wasn't very happy, but the group and I have been making the most of it and I can't even imagine being on any other team!! Here is a photo after our bottle drive, having a meeting at WhiteSpot with milkshakes!!

No comments: