Sunday, January 27, 2008
Missions Fest!!
Well, we all just got home last night from a busy and very overwhelming weekend on the mainland! We left Thursday morning for Vancouver because we were going to go to Missions Fest. I have been to Missions Fest before and I was super exited about looking around at all the booths and talking to as many people as I could! It was really great because we slept in a church that wasn't too far from Missions Fest, but before we went to Missions Fest on Friday, we went to visit a Mosque and a Hindu Temple. To say the least, it was interesting. I learned a lot about the culture and religion, but I don't know how comfortable I am with it. I guess I'm not supposed to be comfortable with it because it's not what I believe and it's wrong, but there were some similarities that could be found between Muslim and Christianity. But there were HUGE and jarring differences between both Muslim and Hindu compared to Christianity. It was a good experience but I don't think that I would ever do it again. I liked learning about it, and I don't think that I will stop learning about other religions, I am just not comfortable sitting in their place of worship, knowing that they are wrong and so lost, and not being able to do anything or to tell them the truth about Jesus. It was an exhausting morning! Then that afternoon and all day Saturday, we were at Missions Fest. I went to many seminars and talked to many people and I am still not clear at all about where I want to go or what I want to do. And surprisingly, I didn't talk to any schools. I don't know what to think about that, and I don't regret my decision about not talking to them. I talked mostly with one lady who has a mission in Haiti, called God's Littlest Angels. It's a volunteer position nursing sick Haitian babies and children back to health. I think it would be absolutely incredible to nurse and save these children who can be used for God's Kingdom! I would love it sooo much, so I am definitely looking more into that. And I may have found a job for the summer, and I am super pumped about that. I could potentially be Child Care Supervisor from the end of April to the end of August. But we will have to see about that! There are many things that I need to just sit down with God with and talk it all out and listen to His voice. So, there's an update for you from me!!! Talk to you later!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment