Monday, October 15, 2007

This past week I was busy at my church!! I went to junior youth on Wednesday night, senior youth on Friday night and I helped in Kid's Church on Sunday morning. Wednesday nights seem to be more of a place for these young kids to hang out and have fun. We like to play games with them and help them develop positive people skills. It is a rough bunch of kids and it is very draining to be with them. Before Wednesday nights I find prayer to be so important. The only way that I could possibly get through a Wednesday night is on the strength of the Lord. One of the girls at this youth group loves soccer! She loves to play, she loves to watch, she just loves everything about it! The youth pastor, StevieG, was invited to one of her games on Saturday morning and he thought it would be sweet if I went with him to see her play! So, I went and you should have seen her face light up! She stopped playing to wave to us multiple times! It was so good to be there. Her parents don't go to the games, so it was huge for her youth leaders to be there! It made me really happy to see her glowing like that.
Friday night was sooooo good! There was only a handful of girls that night, so small group discussion time was incredible! All the girls were talking and opening up. They all asked me to pray for them or for their family. StevieG was very happy with the end of the night because our discussions lasted for 45 minutes! They are usually done in about 15! He was really happy with how it all worked out! I was really happy about how the girls opened up. It was incredible to see how much they trusted me already. Both youth groups went very well and I left smiling because I know that I will see all those kids again this week.
On Sunday I helped with kid's church. At first I wasn't really feeling it. I was wishing that I was upstairs sitting with the youth that had come to church. As the morning started to pick up though, I was having a blast and all the little kids were hanging onto my hands, legs, arms....they were everywhere. Even after the service they wanted to be with me. It was so incredible, especially because it was my first Sunday with them. Being with the kids made me super happy and it reminded me of all the kids at home. I don't know if I will be able to stay away from those kids now!
The ministry that I have been involved in this past little while has been nothing but fun! I love all the kids that I have come into contact with. I can't imagine another place where I would rather be on Wednesdays and Fridays!

No comments: